A new version of the Windows Roaming client is now available in the dashboard (
Install) for download and installation. Auto-update will beginning rolling out in the coming weeks.
- Introducing the Roaming Client Diagnostic Tool to easily run system and configuration checks to help diagnose issues. Open the Diagnostic Tool from your icon tray menu to quickly generate log-files for your own investigation or share with DNSFilter Support to assist with troubleshooting.
- Roaming Client auto-update process is now FIPS compliant — RC versions prior to 1.10.5 would fail to auto-update when running with a FIPS enforced group policy. Future updates will now be delivered via auto-updated if enabled for your organization Deployments→Roaming Clients→Settings
Bug Fixes 🪲
- Fixed a bug that could cause DNS resolution to fail when RC is running on a network environment with IPv6 enabled.
- When an request to access a local domain fails due to unreachable local resolvers, a failover to DNSFilter resolvers will be attempted.
- Fixed an issue in the Roaming Client Dashboard that would truncate hostnames of Windows RC users.
- Fixed an issue that could cause manually configured network settings to not be correctly restored when the RC is stopped or uninstalled.
- Fixed a bug that could cause internet connectivity to fail (DNS set to 127.0.0.0) when a conflicting VPN is running that prevents the RC from starting as expected.